Buy & book your first class
You’ll receive an email confirmation after booking. Make sure you’re signed up for class at the correct studio location! Also grip socks are required to take class, and they’re sold in studio for $12. Sold online here.
Come 10 minutes early to your first class
*If you don’t come 10 minutes before your first class, you may be turned away for your safety. The instructor will put the class back in your account and you can sign up for another time!
Expect to be confused for your First Class
I'm new to Heartcore. Do you offer a Beginner's class?
How often should I take a class?
If Heartcore is your main source of fitness, we recommend taking class 2 times a week with our Heartbreaker Membership. Your mind-muscle connection will be constantly fired up and you’ll be amazed at how fast you’ll see results. You’ll burn fat, increase flexibility and balance, jump-start your metabolism, strengthen your entire body and ultimately, be in the best shape of your life.
When you start taking classes more than 5 times a week, you may not be getting enough rest and recovery. We’re working your muscles to the point of fatigue, so your body will need rest and TLC. Relax and let your body do it’s thing (rebuild into a stronger and leaner you). A good indicator of working out too much is feeling super tired, getting injured and/or getting sick more often. Working out without enough rest causes damage and inflammation at every level in your body: from your cells to your organ systems. Take your rest as seriously as your training!
Watch these videos to learn more about the moves
What do I wear and what do I bring to class?
Face Masks and Grip socks are required to wear during the workout, they’re sold at the studio. There are also various types of grip socks sold on Amazon here.
Please don’t wear strong perfume or cologne. Please wear deodorant (we have some in our bathroom) and do your laundry!
Is this Pilates?
The class I want to sign up for is full. What should I do?
We also recommend signing up a few days in advance or adding yourself to the waitlist. Heartbreakers make schedule changes and cancel out of classes all the time. It’s very likely you will get into a class by adding your name to the waitlist online. Also check the day-of class for last minute openings.
Where do I park?
Allow ample time for parking, especially for weekday evening classes.
Redwood City: Street parking (in front of the studio) and the Main Street Parking Lot (located directly behind our studio) cost $1/hour. Monday-Saturday parking is free before 10 am and after 6 pm. On Sunday, parking is free.
If you can’t find nearby street parking, these parking lots are a 5-minute walk away from our studio:
• Jefferson St. Garage: on Jefferson between Broadway & Middlefield (First 1.5 hours free)
• Marshall St. Garage: on Broadway between Main & Jefferson (First 1.5 hours free)
• Library Parking Lot: on Middlefield ($1/hour, but free before 10 am and after 6 pm)
• Wells Fargo Parking Lot: at the intersection of Broadway & Main St (free after 6 pm on weeknights)
San Mateo: Street parking is available along South San Mateo Drive and adjacent streets. Two nearby parking garages: one is located on the corner of 2nd & El Camino Real, and another is Central Garage located at 323 S Ellsworth Ave. Parking is enforced Monday-Saturday from 8:00 am-6:00 pm. There is no charge for parking after 6:00 pm. Street parking is $1.00-$1.50/hour.
12 Hour Cancellation Policy
If you cancel your online reservation less than 12 hours before class starts, there’s a Late Cancel Fee of $15. You’ll receive the class you used to sign up back in your account, but you’ll be charged $15.
- If you reserve a class online, and can no longer take the class, please cancel your reservation 12 hours or more before the class starts.
- Example: You’re signed up for a 6am class on Tuesday. You have up until 6pm on Monday night to cancel the reservation for free.
- Want to switch class times? The cancellation policy also applies if you switch classes within the 12 hour period.
- Example: You’re signed up for the 6:30pm class, but you see a spot open up in the 5:30pm class. To book the 5:30pm class, you will late cancel the 6:30pm class. We’re happy you’re able to find another class time that works for you, but if you’ve held a spot in any class longer than 12 hours, you will be charged the late cancel fee.
- Make a reservation at the wrong studio? Double check all reservations you make. Every email and text confirmation of your class reservation specifies the studio location. If you arrive at the wrong studio, you will lose the class.
How do I purchase classes?
We recommend reserving your spot online, as there are only 10 to 12 spots available for each class depending on the studio location. Walk-ins are subject to availability. If you walk-in to your first class without creating an online account, the instructor will need you to create an online account before class starts (which may take up to 5 minutes).
What is the Waitlist?
When the 12 hour cancellation period begins, you will no longer be added into class off the waitlist. Once it’s 12 hours before the class’ start time, check the online class schedule to see if a spot opens in the class you want to take.
- Remember to subscribe to receive emails and/or texts from our studio. Without subscribing, you will not receive any notifications you got into the class off the waitlist. If you are not subscribed to emails or texts, login to your account and you can view your position on the waitlist, or if you were added into class.
- All classes have a 12 hour cancellation policy. If you’re added to a class from the waitlist at the last minute (or more than 12 hours before the start of class), be aware the 12 hour cancellation still applies. If you no longer want a spot in the class, you will need to remove yourself from the waitlist at least 12 hours in advance of the class. If you are added to the class and fail to remove yourself in time, you will be charged the late cancel fee.
Absent to Class?
How many calories will I burn?
Other than calories burned, the true benefits of strength workouts like ours come from increasing lean muscle mass. When you add muscle and get stronger, your heart works better, your immune system works better, your metabolism increases dramatically and you burn fat more effectively.
Should I eat before or after class?
We recommend having a small snack 30-45 minutes before working out, such as an apple, a banana, or a handful of almonds. Eating before your workout will help keep your energy level high and also helps burn more fat rather than muscle. Studies show that caffeine before a workout can be beneficial too 😉
After your workout, we suggest you eat some protein within 45 minutes. Eating protein post-workout helps aid muscle recovery. Enjoy a protein smoothie (we love Bulletproof’s Upgraded Whey Protein with unsweetened almond milk, spinach and MCT Oil) or maybe some full-fat greek yogurt and berries.
Can I take class if I'm pregnant?
If you’re pregnant & new to our studio, we require a doctor’s note confirming you’re able to take our 40-minute strength-training, resistance workout. Email your doctor’s note to email@example.com before taking your first class. Doctors don’t advise attempting a new workout while pregnant, especially a workout such as this, which is extremely core intensive. We recommend doing other low-intensity workouts while pregnant.
If you’re pregnant & a Heartcore regular, and have been taken Megaformer classes before becoming pregnant, you may continue to come as long as you feel comfortable. Everyone’s pregnancy is different, so please consult with your doctor first to ensure they are comfortable with you continuing to take class. If at any point during your workout you feel faint, dizzy, or have physical discomfort, you should stop immediately, and consult your doctor before returning.
How old do you have to be to take class?
Can I bring my children to the studio while I take class?
Do you have lockers or showers? Or left something at the studio?
If you’ve left anything at the studio, we keep it in our storage closet. Come back to the studio as soon as you’re able to during our open hours and pick it up.
Unfortunately due to space constraints, we don’t have showers in our studio. We do have spray deodorant in the bathroom!